Welcome to astwro 0.7.4 documentation!¶
astwro is the set of modules developed in Astronomical Institute of Wroclaw University.
It contains wrappers for daophot package, star lists (as pandas DataFrames) manipulation routines with export/import to daophot and ds9 formats, genetic algorithm for the search for optimal PSF stars and some other stuff.
- Deriving a Point-Spread Function in a Crowded Field
- (1) Run FIND on your frame
- (2) Run PHOTOMETRY on your frame
- (3) SORT the output from PHOTOMETRY
- (4) PICK to generate a set of likely PSF stars
- (5) Run PSF
- (6) Run GROUP and NSTAR or ALLSTAR on your NEI file
- (8) EXIT from DAOPHOT and send this new picture to the image display
- (9) Back in DAOPHOT II ATTACH the original picture and run SUBSTAR
- (10) ATTACH the new star subtracted frame and repeat step (5) to derive a new point spread function
- (11+…) Run GROUP NSTAR or ALLSTAR
astwro.pydaophot and many command line tools requires compatible DAOPHOT package installed. pydaophot should work with most of modern versions of daophot II, but is not compatible with IRAF’s daophot.